Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 29, 2010

...and the doctor chased him into the waiting room!

Today was supposed to be the day that things got back to normal (you know, after me working FULL TIME last week and letting everything go!)...but things don't always go according to plan! are visiting the House of Sprout!

So, Bruiser and Miss Wiggles had well check-ups scheduled for this afternoon. I planned this very carefully! Tater has school on Monday afternoons and I figured I would only have to juggle two children. Good thought, right? Until Tater wakes up this morning, hacking away with a nice hot head! So, okay, time for a back up plan! I call the doctor's office and ask to change one of the well visits to a sick visit and ask to reschedule the cancelled well visit. And the nice nurse who answered the phone? She told me to go ahead and bring all three in and everyone could be checked. Thank. You. Very. Much.

We arrived in the pouring rain. Tater fell asleep in the car. Miss Wiggles removed her shoes and her boots. Fabulous!

We get to the examine room. Tater has a fever of 101.3, Bruiser keeps opening the door and running into the hallway, and Wiggles discovered how much fun it is to throw puzzle pieces on the floor!

Then, in walks the doctor...and his laptop. Oh, yes, the practice is updating to computers instead of charts and each appointment takes twice as long! So Tater went first. Lungs and ears checked out but a strep test was in order. It was horrible for all involved but thankfully came back negative. So, my sick little girl has yet another virus...again.

So, then I settled Tater into the chair with the portable DVD player. Miss Wiggles was next. She weighs 20.5 pounds and is average for height and head size. And we got a referral for a pediatric orthopedic specialist to figure out why her foot is turning in. Yea, another doctor's appointment...can't wait.

But let's go back to the head size and the new computer thing. The doctor was struggling with the program on the computer and I guess this had been a problem all day. So he chose my time to figure it out with one of the nurses. She came into the room and left the door slightly open. Bruiser found it (what a surprise!) and bolted out toward the waiting room. And the best part? The doctor chased him down! And another doctor stood in the hallway with his mouth hanging open, watching the show. It was hilarious! By the time the doctor left the room, he told me that next time he'd make sure the A/C was on...because it was hot!

Oh, and to top it all off? Miss Wiggles got three shots and Bruiser had a lead test done. Fabulous!

Oh, and then all three kids fell asleep in the car on the way home and I had to wake them, drag them in the house in the pouring rain, and drag them to their rooms so they could go back to sleep.

Perfectly normal!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the Dr. Last time we went my 9 year old fought the throat culture...yes she did, oh boy did she and after I won the battle the Dr. (who has known me since I was 8) praised my skills at handling my stubborn, anxiety ridden daughter and though she had me exasperated I floated home on cloud 9 due to the praise!