Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 4, 2009

An Unhappy New Year!

I can feel the depression setting in throughout my body. Tomorrow, after nine weeks at home on maternity leave, I must return to work. Everyone keeps pointing out the positives of my job:

  • "It's only part-time."
  • "You have a great sitter."
  • "You love your job!"
  • "You get to be a grown-up for a few hours."
  • "You'll get a paycheck again."

It all sounds great, but nothing is better than staying home with your little ones - especially a new baby. Not only that, but our union is in the middle of major contract negotiations and we are fighting paycuts and benefit changes - not the environment I want to have to go back to. So, to all my loyal readers, say a little prayer that all goes well and our family is able to adjust to the changes and stresses that tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment