Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Attack of the Red-Eyed Monster


This is how the story goes -


We woke up at 3:30 am to a whining visitor - the only mobile one, Tater Tot. There is nothing worse than coming out of a sound sleep and hearing "uuuuu! uuuuu!." So after an hour of trying to settle her and stay asleep. I finally bit the bullet and carried the screaming child back to her own bed. Even though she was screaming, she stayed put in her own bed long enough for me to fall back to sleep. Keep in mind - Daddy is sleeping through all this! Just after I dozed off again, a slight movement woke me - thank you Mommy Radar! Tater was standing in my doorway in too-small jammies, holding "Mommy Lovie" and sniffling. All of sudden she realizes that my eyes are open and announces in the saddest voice "You made me cry!" Unfortunately for her, my sympathy is weak at 4 am. I simply said "Too bad!", scooped her up, and placed her back in bed. This time she lasted until almost 7!


Since it is Sunday morning, we run around like crazy, get everyone dressed and fed, and manage to make it to church and only be five minutes late. Church goes fairly well (other than Bruiser's attacks - more in another entry!) and we send Tater off to Sunday School. After an hour of chasing Bruiser around the church gathering area, I pick up Tater and we head off to restock our supplies at Sams.


As I get Tater out of the car, I mention that she feels warm but didn't dwell too much on it - it was COLD! We make it into the entrance and load the three children into two carts. Its then that I notice the red, goopy eyes on Tater. So we quickly make a call to the doctor - yes, right there in Sams! Needless to say, Tater is now on antibiotic drops for pink eye and Mommy spent the entire evening washing 2 beds worth of bedding (thanks to the nocturnal visit!). As I was washing, I thought to ask her why she came into our room through the night - and her answer? "My eyes hurt!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys and guilt of motherhood. Hindsight is always 20/20 right? Thanks for coming by and signing up for my giveaway. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete