Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Surprise Snow

We woke up this morning to about 4 inches of fresh snow and it is still coming down! According to the weather forecast we were only supposed to get about an inch - oops!

The dedicated parents we are, we still got up, got the kids dressed and made it to church for 9:00am (well, maybe 9:10 - we do have 3 little ones!). There should be awards for that amount of effort!

I had a strange thought on our slow drive through the snow - things seemed to be occurring in pairs. My mother-in-law would saw that this "worrisome" and would have taken pictures - I just made comments to my husband! This is what I noticed:

1. At two separate intersections, two different Mercedes slid to a stop, almost cutting us off.
2. I saw two men, about three blocks apart, standing in front of their houses and just leaning on their shovels.

Now, I know those observations may seem odd and random and I would think the same thing if I was reading this entry! But the thing that made them stand out is that I saw the exact same thing happen twice - a little odd, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment