Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tea Party, Slumber Party!

I didn't take a picture - I was too tired - but I probably should have! Last night I put the kids to bed at 8:00, as usual.

About 8:45, I heard a couple of doors opening and closing. I shouted up the stairs for them to get in bed and go to sleep. All was quiet, so I assumed that was what happened. I should have known better!

At about 9:15, I heard something hit the wood floor - a toy perhaps? So I drug myself off the couch and headed up the steps to check it out. Bruiser's bedroom door was open and there was no Bruiser in his bed. Tater's door was closed and I quickly opened it. There on Tater's bed sat Tater and Bruiser with very guilty looks on their faces.

What were they doing? And what was that loud noise I had heard?

They were having a tea party! And the sound had been the plastic teapot falling off the bed!

I quickly sent them back to bed and told them that it was too late for playing. I worked very hard not to laugh at them!

When I posted my status on Facebook, one friend commented that I was just jealous that they didn't invite me! Not so much! I was more upset that they could play that nicely at 9:00pm instead of 3:00pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment