Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's 7:00 and Where Are Your Children?

...because mine are in bed! That's right, in bed!!!

This weekend was a bit crazy (ha!). Bruiser had school Saturday morning, Tater had her dance recital practice Friday night and then the recital Saturday afternoon, I had a church obligation early this morning, Christmas preparations have been on-going, wine had to be drunk, and...of course, there are never-ending sick children that seem to reside in this house!

Oh, yes, you read correctly! They are sick again! Tater had a cough and fever when returned from Thanksgiving with the relatives and missed several days of school. The diagnosis...after hauling 3 children to the doctor's office? A virus! A stupid virus! She still has the cough but seems much better...at least good enough to socialize, go to school, and be in a dance recital.

Then the cough spread to the other two. Miss Wiggles started yesterday with a juicy, delicious cough and a fever of 101. She and I spent most of the night awake and cuddled in my bed. Then since I had to be out of the house by 7:30 this morning, I treated myself to a two hour nap! Now tonight the Motrin wasn't bringing the fever down. Can you guess where we'll be going tomorrow? And, while I'm at it, I'll bring Bruiser along to check out his barky, croupy cough that has been developing since Friday. Might as well make it a two-for-one deal!

In spite of all that, the crazy ones had enough energy to wreak the house while I was away and Daddy was in "control." Then after two hours of asking them to clean up, I set the timer and told them that any toys left out would be put away when the timer went off (mind you, this was second timer I set!). So the timer went off, the toys weren't away and I filled my laundry basket and sent it to the basement. Tater's response? "That's okay...I still have my favorite castle toy." Highly effective, huh?

And so the week begins! I'm off with sick children tomorrow, out to a meeting tomorrow night, have a sitter coming so Daddy can take Tater to dance class and the sick ones don't have to be out, faculty meeting on Wednesday, a holiday party here on Friday, presents to wrap, books to be read, a house to clean, delicious yummies to make, kids to cuddle, and...of course, some wine to be consumed! With a crazy week like this, I'm already exhausted. And now I'm off to wash, dry, fold, and put away 10 loads of laundry...yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment