Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, June 10, 2012

SUYL - My Kitchen!

This week I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner for her "Show Us Your Life" series. This week is all about kitchens.  Our kitchen is truly the "heart of our home"!  I, in particular, feel like I live in there!  This was one of the main rooms that sold us on our house...but we've still made many changes!  The kitchen is my personal favorite color...red!  We've replaced several of the appliances and the lighting.  I'd love to replace the floor...but that's an undertaking that I'm not sure we are ready for quite yet!  So...enjoy!

Looking in from the hallway.
My new fridge...if only I could keep the fingerprints off!
And the new stove! 
The doorway to the dining room is on the left.
 A command center corner - swimsuits, towels, take-out menus, cookbooks, cups for the kids to get their own water, cell charging station...
Love my write-on menu board...and new recycling cabinet!
 A summer picture of Sassy and my kitchen organizer binder! 
The pantry!
The hallway leading into the kitchen...art wall, message board, show bins, hair tie station!
Coat hooks for the kiddos!
Close-up of the chalkboard paint message board.
 Command Central!
Schedule board on the left, weekly plans in the middle (hard to see with the glare!), emergency numbers in a frame by the phone, and our calendar in the upper right...
 ...with a large chalkboard underneath!
 Summer behavior charts.

 
 And this is actually the mud room and entrance to Tater's new big girl room...but we use it as additional kitchen storage.  That is where we keep the second fridge (yes, we are that family that needs a second fridge!), our deep freezer, lunchboxes, etc.  I am so thankful for the extra space!

There it is...our kitchen!  Hope you enjoyed the peek and I can't wait to see yours!

2 comments:

  1. Is that mini house on the counter a cookie jar? Whatever it is, I love the look of it.

    And I love the hanging pots. I feel like they've gotten a little outdated, and you don't really see them anymore, but I'd love to have something similar in our house someday.

    ReplyDelete