Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who's Your Daddy?

We often wonder what runs through our children's little heads, especially what they think about the people most close to them - Mommy and Daddy. While I am still waiting to know what they think of me, Tater and Bruiser gave me a glimpse today of how they view their Daddy.

Tater Tot was looking through a new book I received from my favorite book site, Paperback Swap. This book, Eat This, Not That by David Zinczenko, shows you how to make better choices when choosing foods. It is a very colorful book filled with illustrations and Tater was enjoying looking at all the pages. As she was flipping, she came to the page filled with beer bottles to show you which were the "better" drink choices. She got all excited and announced "Ohhh! Mommy, these are Daddy's favoritests!" The funny thing is that we very rarely have beer in the house because Daddy doesn't want to spend the money buy beer!

Later this afternoon, I was at the doctor's office for the third day in a row. This time Bruiser was having a follow-up to his ER visit from yesterday (post to come!). We were in the exam room and I was doing my best to distract a two year who doesn't feel up to par. We were busy examining a puzzle with jungle animals. We always seem to gravitate towards this puzzle and it creates a real problem for Bruiser. You see, the elephant is missing and my little OCD boy can't stand when things are out of place! So, as he tried to fit the other animals in the elephant slot, we made a game of how they don't fit. Since we are always trying to build his vocabulary, I named all the animals repetitively as he picked them up. Bruiser tried to model after each animal. When he picked up the gorilla, he got very excited and started yelling "Dadda! Dadda! Dadda!"

What insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment